Thursday, June 08, 2006

Army Lieutenant won't deploy.

A Lieutenant in the US Army won't deploy to Iraq because of objections to the war...

I have a lot to say about this, but I won't say much. This guy is entitled to his opinion, but if every guy who joined up then didn't want to fight got his way when the going got tough, we'd have a lot fewer combat ready troops our military. We'd still have our core supporters, but many on the fringe, who join because they have few job prospects would be right back where they started from. I always have problems with people who want all the benefits of a job, whether it be military or civilian, but don't want to carry out their orders.

Anyway, all I'm saying on that. I do want to close with a quote from Saving Private Ryan. This was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that story...

"Theirs is not to reason why, theirs is but to do or die." - Corporal Upham