Tuesday, May 16, 2006

For those about to ROCK! FIRE!

I had a pretty cool ride to work this morning. I only commute about 2 miles, but there was a crazy thunderstorm raging the entire way. As I got in the car, AC/DC's For Those About to Rock came on, and with the explosions, et al, the thunder and lightning was really cool. Best ride to work I've had in awhile. When I got here, there was a guy smoking outside, and he said that lightning struck our parking lot twice while he was out there. I don't know if its true, but if it is, he's damn lucky that he didn't get struck!

So for those of you who read the Anti-Zombification League, BD had to cull some of his fish a couple weeks ago. When I told him that I'd take some off his hands, he said he'd get me some Kribs, so I went about setting a new tank up. I've currently got a 20 gallon long tank set up, which I had from my snapping turtle (which I released a couple of weeks ago). I'm waiting on BD to get me the Kribs, but last Friday, I picked up 3 Harlequin Rasboras, 2 Ghost Catfish, and 3 Zebra Danios. Yesterday, I also grabbed 4 Red Minor Tetras. I originally had a plan for some Yellow Labs, but after talking to BD, they won't play nice with the Kribs. The tank is looking good, though. I still need to set up some more small cave and hiding spaces for the Kribs, and get some more plants in there, but otherwise, I'm very happy with the way the tank turned out.

This morning, I linked off of Bane's blog to a website that sells anti-Che and anti-Commie shirts. Here is the link...They've got some very nice stuff, including this shirt, which I think I'm going to pick up...

There are a ton of other funny shirts on there, Reagan stuff, even stuff for baby, such as this little number:


I want to buy that one for my future-nephew (fiancee's nephew) since his parents and grandparents (my fiancee's aunt and uncle) are all uber-pinko.

After finding that site, I found a new blog to read, IMAO, who's slogan is Unfair. Unbalanced. Unmedicated. I like that. The author has some great ideas and great points on a lot of different subjects. I'm sure that all four of my readers will take a gander at that blog.