Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I am a hurt piece.

First and foremost, happy 4th of July, belated, of course. I was too busy lighting things on fire and searing the flesh of innocent cows yesterday afternoon to get on here and post properly.

Second, I had to move this weekend. I absolutely hate moving. Our lease is up on July 31st (in the old apartment) and we had found and awesome new condo to move into, so we moved. Unfortunately, we're paying for rent on two apartments this month, but this new one will save us significant money in the longer term.

Saturday was spent moving, all day. We picked the truck up around 7:30 AM, and it was dropped off at 5 PM. Much back breaking labor ensued during those hours, and it continued on into the night. I think we went bed around 10 or 11 that night, thoroughly exhausted. We bought new couches on Friday, and picked them up on Saturday morning. We didn't take them out of the plastic until yesterday evening, and lo and behold, one of them has a 1" rip in the "shoulder" of the couch. Man, am I pissed. Now, I have to try to deal with the store, who isn't a major retailer, more of a bargain basement type seller, who sometimes has very nice new pieces at cut prices. We'll see how that goes.

Sunday, we went up to a BBQ at my mom's house...drank lots of beer, ate lots of clams, hot dogs, mexican dip, kielbasa, did a few shots (who knew that black Sambuca was that tasty?) and generally just had a great time. The little Seamus went for a few swims in my mom's pool, and had a ball playing with all the kids.

Monday, we had to paint. Of course, this would have been easier, had we not moved all our crap into the new apartment. If I hate moving, I loathe painting. I'm terrible at it. Plain and simple. I can't apply an even coat for my life. Nuff' said.

Yesterday, we hit up my dad's house for ribs and clams. We brought 150 mahogany littleneck clams, which we promptly devoured, and we had some beer and margaritas. A good time on our nation's birthday. We fired off about a hundred bottlerockets, played with the dogs, got caught in the rain. Team Italy beat team Germany in the World Cup (which I admittedly don't watch...) The Mets came from behind to beat the Pirates.

It was a good day.