Friday, January 26, 2007

Isaiah Washington

You know...I said something about Isaiah Washington in the comments for my post on great whites in the San Francisco Bay, and I have to say something about this guy.

I don't get what he's doing...I mean, this situation is totally screwy. Yeah, he called a guy a faggot. Big freaking deal! People do that all the time, but when it's a real gay person, you've offended him. Time to call in the thought and speech police. Personally, he should have been able to call this guy whatever the hell he wanted to without getting busted for it, but in the world we live in now, there's no way you can call someone something without losing your job, going to sensitivity training, or both. Frankly, I think this world has gotten far too PC. I would blame it on the democrats, specifically Hill and Bill, but the Republicans are just as much at fault, because they let this bullshit happen under their watch, too.

Now, I don't hate gay people. I know a few, I like a few, I dislike a few others. I'm not the type of person to hate you just because you're gay. If you're flamboyant, that does get on my nerves, sure.

This applies more to people who are anything. I mean, people who are gay, straight, black, white, latino, polish, russian, chinese. Everyone is something, and there are labels to describe each something. Once you start defining which label is OK and which is not OK, you evolve into this totalitarian thought police regime, where each word carries with it an unmentioned connotation, and suddenly, nothing is OK. Nouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives are banned, because each word could be considered hurtful or insensitive.

Eventually, we'll be able to speak in only prepositions.