Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Well, this is my first post on a new blog. I've had several in the past, and this is actually my oldest, which hadn't been updated since the end of 2003. I was on this thing when it was still called Blogspot (I think). Anywho, I've deleted those old posts and in the coming days, weeks, and months, will have plenty of ammunition to use as I bitch about whatever I feel like today.

So, my introduction to the Blogger world is this:

I'm a 23 year old, white conservative male, who is engaged to a wonderful Irish/German girl named Meghan. I live in Mount Laurel, NJ, and grew up about an hour away in Neptune City, NJ. I have a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems and a minor in Information Systems and Technologies from Drexel University (Magna Cum Laude). I'm currently working on my MS in Systems Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology (yeah, I'm a nerd, but not that kind of nerd). I work as a UNIX Systems Administrator for Lockheed Martin, on the AEGIS Combat System. The building I work in is commonly known as the "Cruiser in the Cornfield", as it's a mock-up of a US Navy Arleigh Burke class Destroyer, complete with combat system and fully functional radar systems. Most everything in the building is secret, so I can't divulge much, but it's a pretty damn cool building. So, besides that, I'm an avid sports fan. I'm a diehard NY Mets and NY Giants fan. I don't care too much for professional basketball, but I've been known to watch some college bball. I'm also a huge fan of the Ford Motor Company. My fiancee is the love of my life, but my car is second. I have a 1998 Mercury Sable, and before you say "it's just a Taurus," realize that I have more blood, sweat, and money invested in this car than I care to think about. Why do I keep it? It's a great driver's car once you set the suspension up and take care of a few transmission issues. It is very responsive and takes well to modding, especially the suspension. Sometime in the next year, it'll receive a heart transplant, when it gets a 4.6L DOHC V8 from a Lincoln Continental, which will bump it to approximately 280 HP.

Anyway, that's enough for my introductory post. Hope you know me a little better now. I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of my opinions in the coming days (if anyone actually reads this).