Monday, December 11, 2006

Back...

...though I may or may not be better than ever...

Meghan and I are back from the wedding and honeymoon, which, suffice to say, was amazing. We stayed at the luxurious Aventura Spa Palace in Riveria Maya, Mexico. The weather was great, the tequila was better, and I got to see Meg go sans top at the pool. A happy time was had by all!

The wedding was amazing. Our photographer did an amazing job of documenting the whole thing, and I don't mind advertising his work here. Yeah, that lug with the long hair is me...a lot of people are asking me how I managed to land a chica that looks like that, and I keep asking if they've seen Borat. Remember at the end of the movie, when he chases Pam Anderson with the traditional Kazakhstani wedding sack? Well, our courtship was something like that...

The DJ, Dave Nase, of Exclusive Entertainment, did a great job, and a special thanks goes out to him for NOT bringing a tape deck with him that night. See, there's allegedly this tape floating around of my supposedly singing Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks when I was like 10. Allegedly. My mother has always said that she was going to have it played at my wedding, however, because of the lack of a tape deck, the tape, which may or may not actually exist, could not be played. So, instead of that, he put on the song, gave me a microphone, and the male portion of the bridal party went to town. Apparently, the wedding was viewed as one part party, one part talent show, and one part fashion show, as my bride was stunning.

So, where am I now? Meg and I started looking for homes, so that we could move out of our apartment and get a backyard for Seamus. We're hoping to be moving in the next three or four months.

Saturday evening, Meg and I were indulging in some adult beverages, and watched George Romero's Land of the Dead. Around 4:30 AM, I apparently was having a bad dream, most likely involving zombies, when I started sleepwalking. By sleepwalking, I mean screaming at the top of my lungs, running around the room, slamming into the walls, and eventually jumping back onto the bed, almost crushing Meghan's arm in the process. I'm quite sure I've separated my shoulder, and that this is the first reported instance of zombie violence in 2006, maybe ever.