Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm still alive...

Yeah, just really busy because of the impending wedding. We've got just a couple more weeks before the big day.

Yesterday was my bachelor party. We decided to go paintballing, which was a total blast. I had never been before, and all I can say is that, if you're able, save up some money and go. It will be just about the most fun you will ever have. I had never been, and after one day in the woods, I'll be buying a gun early next year. In all, I think it cost about $100 per person for the day, after you figure in the rentals, field pass, and paint. I think I went though about 2500 paintballs. I'm not sure if that's a high number or what, but I did see other guys out there that just wasted their paint like it was nothing. I mean, fully-automatic paintball guns that had to have been shooting at well over 100 rounds per minute. They would just hold that trigger, and the paint would fly.

Anyway, after paintballing, we all made the trip back to my apartment, where we showered. Somehow we got 8 guys through the shower and ready to go out in an hour. Could you imagine what 8 women would have required?

We headed out to Kildare's Irish Pub in Philly, on 2nd and South. The burgers were great, the drinks were great. Just an amazing time. I didn't want strippers (although there was some talk about a three foot tall South Pacific Islander in a dufflebag, somewhere) so we just went out and got drunk. My best man, James, rented a 12 passenger van, and we loaded that up and headed over. Some of my buddies from college met up with us, and, being the people they are, got me totally wasted. Somehow I ended up doing kareoke to Don't Stop Believin' by Journey. The only time I've ever heard that song was in an episode of Family Guy. I think I pulled it off, though.

In the end, I think I drank three Guinesses, a black & tan, two SoCo and limes, three bloody shits (I think it was vodka and Tobasco), a Baby Guinness, a Tic-Tac, two Four Wise Men, a glass of very, very good 18 year old Scotch, two Jaegerbombs, and maybe one or two more...It gets hazy around midnight, although I closed the night with kareoke to Rapper's Delight by the Sugarhill Gang.

So I'm not hung over, if that's what you were thinking. We got back to the apartment around 2 AM, and I passed out in the living room, on the floor in front of the couch. I woke up about two hours later, got changed, and moved from the floor to the couch. I finally stirred around 11 this morning, and have just been bumming around all day. I did some homework, watched Reservoir Dogs and played with the dog. Thank GOD I took a vacation day! I did manage to sprain my ankle a bit. It's swollen but not bruised, so a couple days and I should be good, but my quads and back feel like hell.

It sucks getting older. I'm only 23. What the hell is 50 going to feel like?